Thursday, September 05, 2002

Ouch! I stubbed my little toe yesterday on the vacuum cleaner and it really hurts! I was in the middle of cleaning the apt. and didn't want to quit so I finished up the vacuuming. By the time I was done the base of my toe was swollen and had begun to bruise. I think I may even have broken it. There's not much you can do for a broken toe except put ice on it, keep it elevated, tape it up and stay off your feet as much as possible for the first few days. Which is what I'm trying to do now. I will have to take the puppy out for a walk though. Of course today it's raining like a mad man. We'll make quite the pair, the two of us hobbling about in the rain.

The vet came on Tuesday to remove Taffy's stitches. Taffy trembled the whole time Dr. Tanabe examined her, but was an excellent patient nonetheless. He also brought the test results for the lump that was removed. It's a "fibrosarcoma"; the sarcoma part means it was malignant. There is a 25% chance the malignancy could spread to her lungs. There is an even greater chance that another lump could form. The only thing we can do now is keep an eye on her and try to maintain her health. She's been doing really well lately. She's been perky during the day, but lazy at night and in the early morning when she needs to be coaxed to go outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home