I don't know what's wrong with Blogger. It won't let me publish my posts anymore. Until I can get this problem fixed I'll continue to post my entries and try to publish them later. Here is my entry for April 9 that I was not able to publish on that date.
Wednesday April 9: Almost Famous
Yowza! I appeared on Japanese TV this morning. I sang the first stanza of an American folk song, "Go tell Aunt Rhodie". Why would I sing that song, you might ask. Because they asked me to. Okay, here's what happened. I was walking through Arisugawa Park when I was approached by a reporter and a cameraman from Fuji TV. They asked me to listen to a song on a boom box. I put the headphones on and heard what I recognized to be an American folk song, but could not recall the title. I thought maybe Woody Guthrie was the artist and told the Fuji TV guys as much. They seemed confused by that. I reiterated that it was an American Folk Song. Then they whipped out the CD brochure and showed me the title and lyrics to the song, "Go Tell Aunt Rhodie". That was when they asked me to sing it. At first I declined, then when they started to beg, I relented and sang. When all was said and done, I couldn't believe I had agreed to sing that song! I asked them when the clip would air and they told me on Monday at 6 a.m. I set my VCR to tape Fuji TV from 6-7 a.m. on Monday morning, but did not see the clip. So I just figured they decided not to use it. On Wednesday morning one of the fellows in Brad's office reported that he had seen me on Fuji TV! He said the song in question had actually been adopted by Japanese and transformed, with Japanese lyrics, into a children's song. I'm going to see if I can get ahold of a tape of the that show. Certainly would be a unique souvenir to bring home.
Wednesday April 9: Almost Famous
Yowza! I appeared on Japanese TV this morning. I sang the first stanza of an American folk song, "Go tell Aunt Rhodie". Why would I sing that song, you might ask. Because they asked me to. Okay, here's what happened. I was walking through Arisugawa Park when I was approached by a reporter and a cameraman from Fuji TV. They asked me to listen to a song on a boom box. I put the headphones on and heard what I recognized to be an American folk song, but could not recall the title. I thought maybe Woody Guthrie was the artist and told the Fuji TV guys as much. They seemed confused by that. I reiterated that it was an American Folk Song. Then they whipped out the CD brochure and showed me the title and lyrics to the song, "Go Tell Aunt Rhodie". That was when they asked me to sing it. At first I declined, then when they started to beg, I relented and sang. When all was said and done, I couldn't believe I had agreed to sing that song! I asked them when the clip would air and they told me on Monday at 6 a.m. I set my VCR to tape Fuji TV from 6-7 a.m. on Monday morning, but did not see the clip. So I just figured they decided not to use it. On Wednesday morning one of the fellows in Brad's office reported that he had seen me on Fuji TV! He said the song in question had actually been adopted by Japanese and transformed, with Japanese lyrics, into a children's song. I'm going to see if I can get ahold of a tape of the that show. Certainly would be a unique souvenir to bring home.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home