A Long and Tedious Journey
I'm in Maryland now for a family reunion. Brad couldn't manage the time off work to come with me. Yesterday Brad and I left the house at 7:30 a.m. for the drive to Manchester airport. We arrived to a long long line at the AA check in counter. There had been a problem with the air traffic control computer system somewhere near London. Flights from London had been rerouted to Manchester, crating chaos with flight schedules. It took me all of 1 and a half hours just to check in. Didn't even have enough time to grab a cup of coffee with Brad before going through the security check. My flight left an hour behind schedule. No problem, though, as i had a long layover in Boston for my connection to BWI. At least that's what I thought! My flight out of Boston was delayed by about two hours, apparently also due to the computer malfunction in London which had generated a series of scheduling backups. I finally arrived at BWI around 8:30 p.m. JoAnn picked me up and now I'm at her place. Other members of the family have begun to arrive and I imagine I'll see them this afternoon and this evening. I've scheduled a few dr. appts. for today and then we will be going to a ballgame tonight. Haven't been to a ballgame in eons!!
I'm in Maryland now for a family reunion. Brad couldn't manage the time off work to come with me. Yesterday Brad and I left the house at 7:30 a.m. for the drive to Manchester airport. We arrived to a long long line at the AA check in counter. There had been a problem with the air traffic control computer system somewhere near London. Flights from London had been rerouted to Manchester, crating chaos with flight schedules. It took me all of 1 and a half hours just to check in. Didn't even have enough time to grab a cup of coffee with Brad before going through the security check. My flight left an hour behind schedule. No problem, though, as i had a long layover in Boston for my connection to BWI. At least that's what I thought! My flight out of Boston was delayed by about two hours, apparently also due to the computer malfunction in London which had generated a series of scheduling backups. I finally arrived at BWI around 8:30 p.m. JoAnn picked me up and now I'm at her place. Other members of the family have begun to arrive and I imagine I'll see them this afternoon and this evening. I've scheduled a few dr. appts. for today and then we will be going to a ballgame tonight. Haven't been to a ballgame in eons!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home