The Deluge
The UK has been lashed by torrential rain during the last couple of days. The rain has been accompanied by sticky humid weather. Some areas have been harder hit than others. Tuesday was a bad day for parts of Yorkshire. I heard that in some areas south of us they got a month's worth of rain in one day. Several rivers have flooded. Yesterday southern Scotland was inundated -- the A9 motorway between Pitlochry and Inverness was closed due to fallen trees, landslips and flooding. As for Harrogate, a few residents have had problems with flooding and while taking my morning walk across the Stray I noticed several ponds had formed on low grassy stretches where the water had accumulated. Yesterday we woke to the densest fog I have encountered since moving here. In the afternoon, however, the sun broke out and we had a beautiful afternoon. Even so, when Brad got home last night he said it smelled like a wet dog outside. yeechhh. This morning we were pelted by more heavy rain from steel gray skies. All the locals say this is highly unusual weather for the UK.
The UK has been lashed by torrential rain during the last couple of days. The rain has been accompanied by sticky humid weather. Some areas have been harder hit than others. Tuesday was a bad day for parts of Yorkshire. I heard that in some areas south of us they got a month's worth of rain in one day. Several rivers have flooded. Yesterday southern Scotland was inundated -- the A9 motorway between Pitlochry and Inverness was closed due to fallen trees, landslips and flooding. As for Harrogate, a few residents have had problems with flooding and while taking my morning walk across the Stray I noticed several ponds had formed on low grassy stretches where the water had accumulated. Yesterday we woke to the densest fog I have encountered since moving here. In the afternoon, however, the sun broke out and we had a beautiful afternoon. Even so, when Brad got home last night he said it smelled like a wet dog outside. yeechhh. This morning we were pelted by more heavy rain from steel gray skies. All the locals say this is highly unusual weather for the UK.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home