Swingin With Bobby Darin
We woke up again to another light dusting of snow. Enough to make morning rush hour messy and cause our Thursday hike to be cancelled. It's the second week in a row and the third time in the past few weeks that the hike has been cancelled due to weather. Unprecedented in the history of this hiking group.
A fellow hiker and I decided to check out the Thursday morning matinee at the Odeon theatre. It's a really great deal. They charge £2.80 ($5.35) for admission and serve complimentary tea/coffee and biscuits (cookies). The movies aired for the matinee are not the latest-run movies; they could be a few weeks, months or even years old. Today's offering was Beyond The Sea starring Kevin Spacey. I was never a big fan of Bobby Darin but I absolutely loooove his song Mack The Knife. I am a big fan of Kevin Spacey. I enjoyed the movie alot but agree that Kevin Spacey was too old for the role. Amazingly, he performed all his own musical numbers and did a fair job, but now I'm hungry to hear the original versions. The movie was rather long and when we emerged from the theatre the sun was shining, the sky was blue and the streets were dry. It seemed a shame to have had to cancel the hike but I enjoyed sharing my morning with Bobby D.
A fellow hiker and I decided to check out the Thursday morning matinee at the Odeon theatre. It's a really great deal. They charge £2.80 ($5.35) for admission and serve complimentary tea/coffee and biscuits (cookies). The movies aired for the matinee are not the latest-run movies; they could be a few weeks, months or even years old. Today's offering was Beyond The Sea starring Kevin Spacey. I was never a big fan of Bobby Darin but I absolutely loooove his song Mack The Knife. I am a big fan of Kevin Spacey. I enjoyed the movie alot but agree that Kevin Spacey was too old for the role. Amazingly, he performed all his own musical numbers and did a fair job, but now I'm hungry to hear the original versions. The movie was rather long and when we emerged from the theatre the sun was shining, the sky was blue and the streets were dry. It seemed a shame to have had to cancel the hike but I enjoyed sharing my morning with Bobby D.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home