Day 11: At Sea
Day 11: Wednesday, May 25: At Sea
Sunrise: 4:41 a.m. Sunset: 9:19 p.m.
Today's Treat: Hors d'oeuvres
Today's Towel Animal: Monkey
What a lazy day. We are now making our way steadily back to Harwich, England. It will take us two days to get there so there is not much to do but wander around the ship, eat, drink, and partake of some of the many activities available on board. All I ever really want to do is sit and read. We've got our wonderful private balcony but, wouldn't you know it, we're on our way back home and we're getting a steady dose of English weather: it has been too cold and windy to sit out. To break up the day we attended the Captain's Corner, an informal presentation about the ship and her crew. We learned that the ship was built in a brand new shipbuilding facility in Hamburg, Germany, just a couple of years ago. She is equipped with a new type of propellor that pulls the ship through the water, rather than being pushed through. Brad left the talk early to enter in a slots tournament. He did rather well, ending up in second place with a cash prize of $201 and t-shirt.
Dinner tonight was the last of the formal affairs. We both chose lobster tail for our main course. They must have had a surplus of lobster because everyone who ordered it got a second lobster tail. The entertainment tonight was provided by the group Soul Sensation who performed several Motown hits. One of the singers is from the original Four Tops. The fellas did a great job and had the crowd dancing in the aisles.
My neck is beginning to feel better. It's loosening up a bit day by day.
We attended our special invitation-only magic presentation by Drew Thomas at 10 p.m. I was surprised that I was still awake and alert at that time. Usually I'm ready to collapse in bed by then. But since we weren't pounding the pavement as tourists today, plus, we gained another hour by entering another time zone, I had more energy late in the evening. The magic performance was excellent. We were sitting way up front and had a good chance of being chosen to help out with the tricks, but I was grateful that I never did get called up. One poor woman ended up having to hold the corner of a torn playing card between her teeth for several minutes while Drew perfomed his magic trick. I'm so glad that wasn't me up there!
We even stayed up late enough for the Grand buffet which started at 11:30 p.m. but it was so crowded we decided not to wait in line. Besides, we certainly weren't hungry!!
Sunrise: 4:41 a.m. Sunset: 9:19 p.m.
Today's Treat: Hors d'oeuvres
Today's Towel Animal: Monkey
What a lazy day. We are now making our way steadily back to Harwich, England. It will take us two days to get there so there is not much to do but wander around the ship, eat, drink, and partake of some of the many activities available on board. All I ever really want to do is sit and read. We've got our wonderful private balcony but, wouldn't you know it, we're on our way back home and we're getting a steady dose of English weather: it has been too cold and windy to sit out. To break up the day we attended the Captain's Corner, an informal presentation about the ship and her crew. We learned that the ship was built in a brand new shipbuilding facility in Hamburg, Germany, just a couple of years ago. She is equipped with a new type of propellor that pulls the ship through the water, rather than being pushed through. Brad left the talk early to enter in a slots tournament. He did rather well, ending up in second place with a cash prize of $201 and t-shirt.
Dinner tonight was the last of the formal affairs. We both chose lobster tail for our main course. They must have had a surplus of lobster because everyone who ordered it got a second lobster tail. The entertainment tonight was provided by the group Soul Sensation who performed several Motown hits. One of the singers is from the original Four Tops. The fellas did a great job and had the crowd dancing in the aisles.
My neck is beginning to feel better. It's loosening up a bit day by day.
We attended our special invitation-only magic presentation by Drew Thomas at 10 p.m. I was surprised that I was still awake and alert at that time. Usually I'm ready to collapse in bed by then. But since we weren't pounding the pavement as tourists today, plus, we gained another hour by entering another time zone, I had more energy late in the evening. The magic performance was excellent. We were sitting way up front and had a good chance of being chosen to help out with the tricks, but I was grateful that I never did get called up. One poor woman ended up having to hold the corner of a torn playing card between her teeth for several minutes while Drew perfomed his magic trick. I'm so glad that wasn't me up there!
We even stayed up late enough for the Grand buffet which started at 11:30 p.m. but it was so crowded we decided not to wait in line. Besides, we certainly weren't hungry!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home