Brimham Rocks
This is JoAnn's last full day in England. Brad had to go back to work today so I was behind the wheel. We drove over to Brimham Rocks, a wonderful National Trust site populated by huge boulders shaped into fantastical forms by wind, erosion and ice-age glaciers. We were the only ones on the Brimham estate and it was a bit eerie wandering among the towering rock forms. It was yet another bright and beautiful day and I strained to see York Minster from the viewing platform but there was too much haze on the horizon. From Brimham we went to Ripley, a small town outside Harrogate with a 14th-century castle and church. The castle was closed today but we took a tour of the church. We had lunch at the tea cottage. I had a sandwich and JoAnn had, you guessed it, a cream scone! From Ripley we headed back into Harrogate so JoAnn could do some last-minute shopping. We had left-over lasagna for dinner and then JoAnn began packing up her bags for the journey back home.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home