Saturday, February 11, 2006

Wonderful Surprise

I checked email this morning hoping to hear from Brad. He's in Maryland on business but is expected home tomorrow for a few days. I was bummed when there was no message from him. I decided to head out to check for mail at our post office and then go to the grocery store to buy ingredients for his favorite meal (spaghetti and meatballs). On the way from the post office to Waitrose my mobile phone rang. Since I was driving I couldn't get to the phone right away. When I pulled up to a stop light I checked my missed calls directory. At first I was puzzled. It said the call was from home. This meant either Ginger learned how to use the phone...or...Brad is home already!! Forget Waitrose. I headed directly home. It seemed like an eternity for me to drive those last few blocks. Oh, it's so nice to have hime home again.

1 Comments:

Blogger lenora said...

John,

oh, thank you for correcting me on that usage. I'm so used to thinking of cities and towns being divided into "blocks" but of course that would not apply to a town laid out as elegantly as Harrogate is. That term definitely belongs to a city built on a grid system.

cheers!

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home