Monday, April 14, 2003

Smart Car

I still can't believe it but we have won a car in a raffle. Brad bought three raffle tickets for a high-profile fundraising raffle for Nishimachi International School. We received the unofficial notice this weekend that we won the top prize -- a smart car from Mercedes. I say "unofficial" notice, because the news was relayed to us by one of Brad's employees whose kids attend Nishimachi. We should get the official notice on Monday. Brad doesn't want to tell anyone yet till we get through all the inevitable red tape, but the plain and simple fact is that we won the car. It's actually kind of ugly and is in a hideous lime green color, but in a way I kinda like it. If all goes well and we can get Mercedes to ship the thing for us, it will be my car once we're in the UK. If there are problems with shipping the car, then we'll likely sell it and use the proceeds to buy a car once we arrive in the UK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home