Monday, July 14, 2003

I'm at the Harrogate public library getting free access to the Internet. They have 30 computers here. You can book a computer in advance for up to four hours of use. You don't even have to be a library cardholder to use the computers. Anyone can walk in off the street and use the computers.

Yesterday we went to Leeds. We've been shopping for some household goods -- mainly a decent coffeemaker -- and we had heard there were many shopping centers in Leeds. What we didn't know is that many of the stores and restaurants in the city center are closed on Sundays. We knew that Harrogate was a bit sleepy on Sundays, but did not expect the same from Leeds. I did not take readily to Leeds. It's a bit grimy and depressing. There was certainly not much activity going on yesterday and it seemed we walked miles before finding a place to eat. It was also very HOT yesterday. I think it got into the upper 80s, though it was more bearable than the humid heat of Tokyo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home