We have finally gotten some rain today. It's not a heavy rain, just a light misting, and it's oh so refreshing. It has been very dry here lately. I wouldn't be surprised to hear we are reaching drought conditions. A fire has broken out on the North York Moors this week, due to a carelessly discarded cigarette or barbecue. The dry weather and strong winds have made it a tough job for the firefighters. This is quite in contrast to the weather back home on the east coast where they are being belted by Hurricane Isabel. Hope all is well with family and friends back home.
Today a plumber is at the apt. installing a shower stall. This is work that was supposed to have been done when we moved in and the landlord is finally getting around to it.
I've begun the job search (despite the fact that my portfolio has not arrived), but will need to put that on hold for a bit.
Next week I will be visiting with some friends from Tokyo. A British friend has a second home in the south of England (Lyme Regis). We used to live in the same apt. bldg. as her and her husband in Tokyo. I'll stay overnight in Lyme Regis and then swing by London on my way back. A Japanese friend will be there on holiday from Tokyo.
I should return from this brief jaunt, just in time for the arrival of our furniture. It's about time! I feel as if my life has been on hold for the last few months.
At the beginning of Oct., two friends from the U.S. will be staying in Harrogate as part of a two-week tour of the UK. Then I'm back home from Oct. 15-22. And I just heard from another Japanese friend who may come to visit for a few days the last week in October.
Hmmm....so maybe in November I can begin my job hunt in earnest. What I have found out so far is there are not many opportunities in Harrogate in the graphic design field. I will most likely have to commute to Leeds or York. Luckily each city is easily reached in about a half hour by train or bus.
Today a plumber is at the apt. installing a shower stall. This is work that was supposed to have been done when we moved in and the landlord is finally getting around to it.
I've begun the job search (despite the fact that my portfolio has not arrived), but will need to put that on hold for a bit.
Next week I will be visiting with some friends from Tokyo. A British friend has a second home in the south of England (Lyme Regis). We used to live in the same apt. bldg. as her and her husband in Tokyo. I'll stay overnight in Lyme Regis and then swing by London on my way back. A Japanese friend will be there on holiday from Tokyo.
I should return from this brief jaunt, just in time for the arrival of our furniture. It's about time! I feel as if my life has been on hold for the last few months.
At the beginning of Oct., two friends from the U.S. will be staying in Harrogate as part of a two-week tour of the UK. Then I'm back home from Oct. 15-22. And I just heard from another Japanese friend who may come to visit for a few days the last week in October.
Hmmm....so maybe in November I can begin my job hunt in earnest. What I have found out so far is there are not many opportunities in Harrogate in the graphic design field. I will most likely have to commute to Leeds or York. Luckily each city is easily reached in about a half hour by train or bus.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home