Wednesday, December 03, 2003

The Hunt is On

Yesterday, I met with a representative from Creyf's, a job recruiter located in Leeds that specializes in appointments in creative media. I had contacted them a few months ago and submitted my resume, or CV (curriculum vitae) as it's called here. The next step was a face-to-face meeting and review of my portfolio. Since my portfolio did not arrive until the end of October and these past few weeks have been very busy with visitors and travel and settling in to our apartment, this was the first chance I had to present my portfolio. I think the meeting went well. Creyf's seems to have many openings in Yorkshire, particularly in Leeds. I told them I'd be willing to accept assignments that I could get to easily via public transport. I'm not ready to brave the roads beyond Harrogate. So, just a few more administrative particulars to take care of with Creyf's and I'll be on call for work as a designer or "artworker" (production artist).

In the meantime, I've been contacted by Weider Publications, a magazine publisher in Harrogate that I interviewed with a couple of months ago. Weider publishes a few "fitness" publications, "Muscle and Fitness" (your average muscle-man mag), "Muscle and Fitness for Women" and another mag (whose title I forget) that is for hard-core muscle men. They also produce a number of collateral pieces. I was not selected for the full-time designer position at that time, but my interview was very positive. Now I've got an appt. set up next week to talk to them about either a full-time position or possibly freelance assignments (my preference).

Woo-hoo. Keeping my fingers crossed that soon I'll be back in the work force again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home