Our House on the 'Net and a Bit of Constructive Criticism
I was just searching for photos of The Stray when I came across a site that has a photo of our house. You'll find it here. Ours is the building to the left of the large white building in the photo labeled "High Harrogate & Christ Church Stray".
The white building was originally The White House Hotel. It had a good reputation and was said to have a nice restaurant and pub. Too bad the hotel has closed down. Right now the building is covered with ugly scaffolding. It's being renovated into luxury apartments. The construction is way behind schedule. It's been going on since we moved into our apartment; was scheduled to be done by last Nov/Dec. Latest I've heard they don't expect to be done before March or April. Uggh! I never thought this construction would bother me so much. I really don't mind the occasional noise, but they've made a mess of the area surrounding our two buildings. Digging up the alleyway (or should I say "ginnel") next to our building to lay pipes, etc. Now the sidewalk around our place is always a muddy mess. They say they will repave the ginnel, but God knows when. During the day our street is jampacked with the vehicles of the contract workers. Oftentimes they park right on the sidewalk in front of our building. Whenever I walk by the construction I peer in to see if any progress has been made, but it always looks like a wreck inside. The latest development has been the construction of a makeshift office right in front of the scaffolding. I don't know if that's a good sign or not. Why would they erect such a thing if they were almost done? I'm afraid to ask.
I was just searching for photos of The Stray when I came across a site that has a photo of our house. You'll find it here. Ours is the building to the left of the large white building in the photo labeled "High Harrogate & Christ Church Stray".
The white building was originally The White House Hotel. It had a good reputation and was said to have a nice restaurant and pub. Too bad the hotel has closed down. Right now the building is covered with ugly scaffolding. It's being renovated into luxury apartments. The construction is way behind schedule. It's been going on since we moved into our apartment; was scheduled to be done by last Nov/Dec. Latest I've heard they don't expect to be done before March or April. Uggh! I never thought this construction would bother me so much. I really don't mind the occasional noise, but they've made a mess of the area surrounding our two buildings. Digging up the alleyway (or should I say "ginnel") next to our building to lay pipes, etc. Now the sidewalk around our place is always a muddy mess. They say they will repave the ginnel, but God knows when. During the day our street is jampacked with the vehicles of the contract workers. Oftentimes they park right on the sidewalk in front of our building. Whenever I walk by the construction I peer in to see if any progress has been made, but it always looks like a wreck inside. The latest development has been the construction of a makeshift office right in front of the scaffolding. I don't know if that's a good sign or not. Why would they erect such a thing if they were almost done? I'm afraid to ask.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home