Friday, June 04, 2004

Welcome to Bawlmer, Hon

Today I drove into town for a couple of doctor appts. I had to resist the inclination to drive on the left side of the ride, but soon got my orientation straight. I was disappointed that the "Hon" sign was not there to great me as I entered the city via the BW Parkway. I had no problem navigating around Baltimore and felt quite at ease making my way around town. I managed to drive by no less than three of my former apartment buildings. I drove past the B&O Railroad Museum where construction is still ongoing to repair the roof that collapsed during a blizzard. I also drove down 33rd Street where Memorial Stadium used to be. The stadium is gone now and I felt sad as I looked at the construction on the site of the old ballpark. I sure wish the city could have found a way to save the original structure.

Most all the Bagnato clan showed up at Baltimore's new ball park, Oriole Park at Camden yards, this evening, but the weather was miserable. It was cold, windy and rainy -- typical North Yorkshire weather. We ended up leaving at the bottom of the fifth inning, but managed to see the O's get a grand slam home run before leaving.

I'm tired, my throat is sore and I feel like I'm coming down with something. I'm gonna go drink my lemon-ginger tea and go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home