Back On The Trail

WHARFEDALE NEAR GRASSINGTON

HEBDEN
For the past two weeks snow and ice have caused my hiking groups' hikes to be cancelled. This past week the weather has been relatively mild (temps in the high 40s) with no precipitation to speak of. And weather forecasters even predicted sunshine for Thursday, our hiking day! Sure enough, the sun was shining in Harrogate as we left for Hebden, a little village in Wharfedale, where our hike began. But as we drove out of Harrogate up into and across the moors towards Hebden the skies clouded over and the temperature fell, but thankfully there was no rain, snow or sleet. We had a very scenic walk from Hebden over to Grassington, one of the Yorkshire Dales' most picturesque little villages. I took plenty of pictures, but was disappointed in the relentless gray skies that actually look opaque white in most of my photos. Maybe I need to get a filter for these gloomy gray days.


2 Comments:
Let me know if you find the filter that will make a gray day into a sunny one! :) I could use one of those from time to time.
tee hee... yeah, I'll keep looking and let you know.
thanks for visiting and leaving your comments.
Post a Comment
<< Home