Cruisin'
On Sunday we depart on a 12-day cruise to the Baltic. We've been planning and dreaming about this vacation for a while and I can hardly believe we are just a day away from boarding the ship -- Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Sea. The ship sails from Harwich, England (near London) and will make stops in Oslo, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg and Tallinn (Estonia). I imagine the weather will be a might chilly as this is a bit early in the cruise season.
I dropped Ginger off at his cattery this morning. Even though the ship doesn't sail until Sunday, we are going to drive down late this afternoon about as far as Cambridge and spend the night in a Travelodge. That way we will have a shorter, less frenetic ride on Sunday morning to the port of Harwich.
I can't believe how many bags we have and how fully they are packed! Part of the problem is that we have to bring formal and "smart casual" wear for some evenings on the ship. Otherwise we'd just bring casual clothes. And we will be gone for nearly two weeks. Haven't been on the road (or at sea) for that length of time in a while. We are much more used to short hops here and there.
Brad has just finished packing. I packed last night. He says he has a bit of extra room in his duffle so I'm gonna go throw in an extra sweater.
I dropped Ginger off at his cattery this morning. Even though the ship doesn't sail until Sunday, we are going to drive down late this afternoon about as far as Cambridge and spend the night in a Travelodge. That way we will have a shorter, less frenetic ride on Sunday morning to the port of Harwich.
I can't believe how many bags we have and how fully they are packed! Part of the problem is that we have to bring formal and "smart casual" wear for some evenings on the ship. Otherwise we'd just bring casual clothes. And we will be gone for nearly two weeks. Haven't been on the road (or at sea) for that length of time in a while. We are much more used to short hops here and there.
Brad has just finished packing. I packed last night. He says he has a bit of extra room in his duffle so I'm gonna go throw in an extra sweater.


1 Comments:
Hi Lenora Jayne is showing me how to post a comment---I have tried before but somehow did'nt get it right. Enjoy your trip---we are pff to a wedding--The Pantall girl Holly. Catch you when you return home--have fun.
P.S. Make sure Brad makes a better selection on a room then he and I made in Copenhagen.
Love Dad
Post a Comment
<< Home