A Dog Of A Different Color
On my morning walk I spotted a man ahead of me walking a small brown dog. As I got closer I thought the dog breed looked somewhat familiar. When I got alongside them I was puzzled but almost convinced I'd identified the breed. I enquired, "Is that a schipperke?" The man replied, "Yes!" I couldn't believe it. I've only ever seen black schipperkes. When I mentioned that to the man he replied that it is only in the U.S. and Canada that the breed is restricted to the color black. In Europe, they allow other colors. His dog's name is Bella and she is truly a beauty. It was strange to see that familiar muzzle and stocky body in a glorious pale beige, almost the color of Taffy.


2 Comments:
How cool...but I wish you had had your camera on hand! (Check my pics on flickr for a few snaps of some black schipps taken this weekend.)
:)
Yeah, I, too, wish I'd had my camera handy then. Have not seen Bella since, though I keep a lookout for her now.
Post a Comment
<< Home