Cookies and a Choral Treat

I spent nearly all day baking cookies. I made 27 dozen Italian cookies, the kind I used to bake with my sister Vickie. I remember how we used to try to come up with a new shape of cookie each year. Today I came up with a new shape in honor of Vickie: a capital V.
After baking, I had just enough time to eat dinner and change clothes. I'd heard there was going to be a performance of Handel's Messiah at Christ Church, the church that is just a 2-minute walk from our house. I haven't been inside Christ Church yet and I've never heard a performance of the Messiah either, so it seemed a really good idea to go. The performance by the Harrogate Choral Society was very good. The audience was invited to sing along but I didn't see many people chiming in. The soloists were excellent but I preferred the bits sung by the entire chorus. The acoustics were fabulous.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home