Baby It's Cold Outside
This shot by a fellow flickerite helps show how cold it's been here lately. We were warned that this would be one of Britain's coldest winters in many years. It took a while, but the cold has set in. Tomorrow morning at 6 am the temperature is predicted to be -5C (23F) with a wind chill of -9C (15F). The high will only get to 3C (37F). At least we are predicted to get lots of sunshine and relatively light winds. We are lucky compared to other parts of the UK. Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and southwest England are expecting more snow showers. It looks like the east Yorkshire coast will be getting a break from the snow they've had the last couple of days.
Fittingly, I just finished watching a BBC documentary, The Icberg That Sank The Titanic. I didn't think I could bear to watch another TV show dealing with the story of the Titanic but the stunning photography and the story of the snowflake that grew up to sink the world's most celebrated ocean liner was mesmerizing. But it made me shiver even more. This house is not very well insulated, the windows are not double glazed and cold air seeps in with abandon. I've been piling the wool blankets on to keep warm. Even Ginger has been crawling under the covers with me to keep warm.
We both miss Brad very much. And not just because it's cold.
Fittingly, I just finished watching a BBC documentary, The Icberg That Sank The Titanic. I didn't think I could bear to watch another TV show dealing with the story of the Titanic but the stunning photography and the story of the snowflake that grew up to sink the world's most celebrated ocean liner was mesmerizing. But it made me shiver even more. This house is not very well insulated, the windows are not double glazed and cold air seeps in with abandon. I've been piling the wool blankets on to keep warm. Even Ginger has been crawling under the covers with me to keep warm.
We both miss Brad very much. And not just because it's cold.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home