Wednesday, September 11, 2002

About a year ago to this very minute, Brad and I were awakened by a phone call. We turned on the TV to witness the terrible events that began to unfold. I remember sitting on the sofa in total horror and disbelief. I remain horrified and in disbelief in the aftermath of those events. I can't believe a year has past since the terrorist attacks against the U.S. I can't believe that our country is now poised to wage war against Iraq. Will we never learn the lessons of the past? Will we not learn when we see the evidence before our eyes in the Middle East, Northern Ireland, the Basque region of Spain . . .

Violence only begets violence. How can we allow ourselves to be caught up in the vicious cycle of revenge.

I have to believe there is another way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home