A day in the life . . .
While walking Taffy in the park we came across a film crew filming what looked to be a scene for a Japanese soap opera. There was a young girl sitting on a bench. She was dressed in a nurse's uniform. Next to her was an kindly old gentleman. As the camera rolled the young girl burst into a melodramatic speech to which the old man responded with calm concern. Several passersby stood by and watched the proceedings, as well as the production crew and other members of the cast -- so identified by their hospital garb.
After walking Taffy I headed off to run some errands:
• A stop at the post office to mail my nengajo. This is the third year in a row that I've made my own nengajo. I mail them out to the folks in Brad's office and I also mail one to Brad and one to Taffy and Ginger.
• A stop at Burdigala, our local boulangerie (French bakery). After marveling over all the tasty offerings, I chose some rolls to go with our dinner tonight (a big salad) and a salmon/tuna focaccia sandwich for myself for lunch.
• A stop at National Azabu, our local grocery store. The place was abuzz with activity as expats and Tokyoites alike shopped for the upcoming New Year's-related meals. As for myself I picked up most of the ingredients for our New Year's Eve meal (I'm making stuffed filet of sole, the very dish I made for the first New Year's Eve Brad and I spent together 12 years ago!), and for the New Year's Day meal that Brad will make (roast pork tenderloin and sauerkraut). Brad had requested spaetzle but I couldn't find any there, so will check at Nissin tomorrow. I'll shop for wine tomorrow at a nice little wine shop in Azabu Juban.
In between running these errands I've been doing laundry and futzing on the computer. I also just finished brushing Ginger and clipping his claws. Now it's time to take Taffy for her afternoon walk.
While walking Taffy in the park we came across a film crew filming what looked to be a scene for a Japanese soap opera. There was a young girl sitting on a bench. She was dressed in a nurse's uniform. Next to her was an kindly old gentleman. As the camera rolled the young girl burst into a melodramatic speech to which the old man responded with calm concern. Several passersby stood by and watched the proceedings, as well as the production crew and other members of the cast -- so identified by their hospital garb.
After walking Taffy I headed off to run some errands:
• A stop at the post office to mail my nengajo. This is the third year in a row that I've made my own nengajo. I mail them out to the folks in Brad's office and I also mail one to Brad and one to Taffy and Ginger.
• A stop at Burdigala, our local boulangerie (French bakery). After marveling over all the tasty offerings, I chose some rolls to go with our dinner tonight (a big salad) and a salmon/tuna focaccia sandwich for myself for lunch.
• A stop at National Azabu, our local grocery store. The place was abuzz with activity as expats and Tokyoites alike shopped for the upcoming New Year's-related meals. As for myself I picked up most of the ingredients for our New Year's Eve meal (I'm making stuffed filet of sole, the very dish I made for the first New Year's Eve Brad and I spent together 12 years ago!), and for the New Year's Day meal that Brad will make (roast pork tenderloin and sauerkraut). Brad had requested spaetzle but I couldn't find any there, so will check at Nissin tomorrow. I'll shop for wine tomorrow at a nice little wine shop in Azabu Juban.
In between running these errands I've been doing laundry and futzing on the computer. I also just finished brushing Ginger and clipping his claws. Now it's time to take Taffy for her afternoon walk.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home