Saturday, November 09, 2002

I arrived back in Tokyo last night. It was the worst flight I've ever experienced. Even though I've got some 80,000 miles to my credit, my ticket was not upgradable. I wasn't even able to get Economy Plus seating. I was placed in one of those incredibly cramped seats way in the back of the plane, but at least it was an aisle seat. I was so disappointed in the service I feel like writing a nastygram to United. I put my seat tray down to discover it was covered with crumbs. My head set (obviously used, since it was not wrapped in a plastic bag) had one of the foam ear covers missing. The movie was nearly unwatchable due to incredibly poor display and position of the screen. The food! God the food was horrible. Funny little curled up pieces of meat covered in greasy skin masquerading as chicken. Dried up rice. Soggy watermelon. Unripe honeydew melon. Blecch! Then to make matters worse, I experienced the worst turbulence ever! At one point the plane was shaking violently from side to side. We took stomach-churning dips. Of course, this is not the fault of United, but the captain (or at least the flight attendants) could have offered some words of reassurance. Instead, I sat there petrified with fear as we were jostled about. When the captain ordered the flight attendants to sit in their jump seats my adrenalin level shot up, but by then we were through the worst of it. I was never so glad to touch down in my life and hope I never experience another flight like that again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home