Yesterday we went in search of another antiques market. We'd read there would be one at Odaiba but when we got there, there was no antiques market. But it was a beautiful day so we enjoyed walking along Tokyo's beach, browsing through the myriad shops of Decks and Aqua City and having a delicious lunch at Monsoon, a Thai restaurant. I'm not that crazy about Odaiba, too much tacky glitz for my taste . . . my favorite part of going there is the ride on the monorail, Yurikamome. It offers such a spectacular view of the city skyline.
Today I woke up feeling really sick with a nasty cold. While Brad went off to a shrine sale in the morning, I stayed home and nursed my cold. After lunch, I felt better and ventured out. I ended up visiting five shrines today in Minato-ku, all of which are dedicated to one of the shichifukujin. I need to visit three more to complete my tour, and, as it so happens, to fill my temple book. I'm wonderiing if I should bother to start another temple book. We've only got about five more months to go in Tokyo, but there is a good chance we'll visit some interesting shrines and temples during that time that we haven't been to yet. The shrines I went to today were very small, neighborhood shrines, but on closer inspection really quite fascinating.
Today I woke up feeling really sick with a nasty cold. While Brad went off to a shrine sale in the morning, I stayed home and nursed my cold. After lunch, I felt better and ventured out. I ended up visiting five shrines today in Minato-ku, all of which are dedicated to one of the shichifukujin. I need to visit three more to complete my tour, and, as it so happens, to fill my temple book. I'm wonderiing if I should bother to start another temple book. We've only got about five more months to go in Tokyo, but there is a good chance we'll visit some interesting shrines and temples during that time that we haven't been to yet. The shrines I went to today were very small, neighborhood shrines, but on closer inspection really quite fascinating.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home