One of the things I miss most about living in Tokyo is going to the many shrine sales on the weekends. Shrine sales are antique and collectible markets that take place on the grounds of a shrine or temple. We managed to pick up a few items here and there during our three years in Tokyo. I'm discovering that here in Britain I just may be able to find an alternative to Japan's shrine sales. In the local papers I see Car Boot Sales advertised. I gather a car boot sale is what an American would call a flea market. Some of them charge a nominal admission. We haven't attended one yet, but hope to soon. Then there is the absolute proliferation of charity shops. These are thrift shops operated by various charities, such as Oxfam, the British Heart Association, etc. You can get incredible bargains on clothing, books and bric a brac at the charity shops. i recently picked up a lovely photo album at the Oxfam shop in Harrogate.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home