Fingers Crossed
It's Friday the 13th. Okay, so I'm not superstitious. I even bought a lottery ticket (for Brad) today. Tonight will be the first drawing of the EuroMillions jackpot. I baked a Valentine's cake for Brad (shhhh, it's a secret) but I'm not sure it turned out. It is a "Chocolate and Cherry Polenta Cake". Yes, polenta is one of the ingredients. There are five eggs, but no butter. Lots of chocolate and some candied cherries. The thing came out of the pan as solid and heavy as a brick. Hope it is edible.
I have been continuing my job search but with not much luck at all. I've registered with three different employment agencies and have been sending out resumes to agencies I've discovered through internet and yellow page searches. Have also been keeping an eye on the want ads, but there is not much happening there. Got a reject letter today. Also got a little nibble the other day. I'd sent a cover letter and resume to a design agency in Harrogate. They had not placed an ad, but I found out about them while surfing the 'net. Turns out one of their designer positions will be vacant soon. They may need someone on a temporary basis to fill in while they search for a permanent replacement. Would be great if this works out...their office is less than a ten-minute walk from our house.
It's Friday the 13th. Okay, so I'm not superstitious. I even bought a lottery ticket (for Brad) today. Tonight will be the first drawing of the EuroMillions jackpot. I baked a Valentine's cake for Brad (shhhh, it's a secret) but I'm not sure it turned out. It is a "Chocolate and Cherry Polenta Cake". Yes, polenta is one of the ingredients. There are five eggs, but no butter. Lots of chocolate and some candied cherries. The thing came out of the pan as solid and heavy as a brick. Hope it is edible.
I have been continuing my job search but with not much luck at all. I've registered with three different employment agencies and have been sending out resumes to agencies I've discovered through internet and yellow page searches. Have also been keeping an eye on the want ads, but there is not much happening there. Got a reject letter today. Also got a little nibble the other day. I'd sent a cover letter and resume to a design agency in Harrogate. They had not placed an ad, but I found out about them while surfing the 'net. Turns out one of their designer positions will be vacant soon. They may need someone on a temporary basis to fill in while they search for a permanent replacement. Would be great if this works out...their office is less than a ten-minute walk from our house.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home