Rain, Rain, Go Away
It has been raining all day, coming down in torrents at times. The weatherman said it would clear up by afternoon but it's 2:30 p.m. and still coming down steadily. JoAnn and I drove out to Veteran's Cemetery today to visit Vickie. The road to the cemetery was flooded in one spot, nearly impassable, but JoAnn made it through without a problem. We met JL, Uncle Luigi, Mary Lou, Ed, Gary and Aileen there. Afterwards all but JL and Uncle Lou came to JoAnn's place for refreshments. I had brought a Yorkshire tea loaf and some Wensleydale cheese from Harrogate. The cheese, unfortunately, didn't make the trip too well. I opened it to find it covered with a blue mold...but it's not supposed to be a blue cheese! This evening we will visit with Anna, Sergio and Maria in Little Italy before attending our reunion dinner at Caesar's Den. Been trying to save my appetite for the feast.
Sports Update
The O's lost to the Tampa Devil Rays last night, 8-7. It would've been a fun game to watch if it hadn't been for the weather.
The Belmont Stakes will be run today. The nation is all abuzz over Smarty Jones, a potential triple crown winner. They are comparing this horse to Seattle Slew. Smarty is somewhat of an underdog, undefeated so far and has won both the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness. I love his name and for that alone would put money on him to win.
It has been raining all day, coming down in torrents at times. The weatherman said it would clear up by afternoon but it's 2:30 p.m. and still coming down steadily. JoAnn and I drove out to Veteran's Cemetery today to visit Vickie. The road to the cemetery was flooded in one spot, nearly impassable, but JoAnn made it through without a problem. We met JL, Uncle Luigi, Mary Lou, Ed, Gary and Aileen there. Afterwards all but JL and Uncle Lou came to JoAnn's place for refreshments. I had brought a Yorkshire tea loaf and some Wensleydale cheese from Harrogate. The cheese, unfortunately, didn't make the trip too well. I opened it to find it covered with a blue mold...but it's not supposed to be a blue cheese! This evening we will visit with Anna, Sergio and Maria in Little Italy before attending our reunion dinner at Caesar's Den. Been trying to save my appetite for the feast.
Sports Update
The O's lost to the Tampa Devil Rays last night, 8-7. It would've been a fun game to watch if it hadn't been for the weather.
The Belmont Stakes will be run today. The nation is all abuzz over Smarty Jones, a potential triple crown winner. They are comparing this horse to Seattle Slew. Smarty is somewhat of an underdog, undefeated so far and has won both the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness. I love his name and for that alone would put money on him to win.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home