Getting to Know OS X (grrrrr)
I really love my new G5 computer. And I admire the efficiency and elegance of OS X. But the more I try to work on my Mac the more I encounter some frustrating moments. This is not my trusty ole Mac anymore, the interface I was intimate with. Things just don't work the same. I spent (no, wasted) about an entire afternoon trying to figure out how to burn a multisession CD. I followed all the instrux to the letter, but when I put my newly burned CD in the drive my computer acted like there was nothing there. After futzing and fuming a bit I went trawling on the Internet for some troubleshooting info. I found the solution alright and it was a real "duh" moment. All I had to do was restart my computer and my CD and all its files were right there where they should be.
But why should I have to restart the computer? That's not very elegant or efficient now, is it?
But why should I have to restart the computer? That's not very elegant or efficient now, is it?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home