Friday, November 05, 2004

Bonfire Night

Fireworks on the Stray

Bonfire on the Stray 4

Remember, Remember, the fifth of November. This is the day, or rather night, that Great Britain commemorates the Gunpowder Plot. Or, rather, the foiling of that plot and the capture of its main conspirator, Guy Fawkes. It was celebrated in Harrogate tonight, as in many cities and towns, by fireworks and a huge bonfire. I was quite impressed by the fireworks display we saw tonight. And I have absolutely never ever in my life seen any bonfire quite as big as the one we saw tonight. It was mesmerizing. Brad helped me take photos of the fireworks and the bonfire. As I looked at the photos of the fire on my computer monitor I was amazed at the images I could see in the flames. Can you spot the grinning professor with the cap and gown in the photo above?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home