Xmas in Frisco
One of the things I love about my new computer is tuning into radio stations on the Internet. I just discovered this crazy station that is playing non-stop oddball Christmas music. The station is somaFM and Xmas in Frisco is what they call "Our annual eclectic, irreverent holiday broadcast. May not be suitable for all ages!" They're right about the age warning. Earlier I heard Joe Pesci singing "If It Doesn't Snow On Christmas" and just about every other word was the f-word. I've also heard Santa Mambo Santa by the Enchanters and Santa Cow by none other than Santa Cow and a very hilarious Little Bargain Boy by 2 Live Jews (sung with a strong yiddish accent to the tune of Little Drummer Boy). There are also some more traditional selections such as Enya singing Silent Night (a really beautiful rendition) and a medley of medieval Spanish Christmas Carols. With this selection I may never need to buy another Christmas CD again. somaFM has several other kinds of broadcasts. I'll definitely want to check them out.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home