Ginger Update

I dropped Ginger off at the vet today. He will be staying there while we visit with friends and family back in the States. We will be celebrating Brad's father's 80th birthday in Ohio and also visiting my family in Maryland.
Ginger's staying at the vet instead of the usual kitty ritz because of his most recent diagnosis. The biopsy he had last month revealed intestinal feline lyphoma. A kind of cancer. Even though the vet has not given Ginger a very good prognosis our purr boy is doing quite well. He is on steroids and another medication to help his symptoms, and Leukeran, a cancer-fighting medication. Since being on his meds Ginger has not been throwing up. He now has a ferocious appetite (actually a side effect of the steroids) and has consequently put back on the weight he recently lost. He looks quite healthy, as evidenced by the photo above. He still has diarrhea and that does not look like it will ever clear up (oh dear!). I dreaded having to leave him at the vet's today. I will be calling periodically to check in on him. The vet's office has my email address to contact me in case he should suddenly go downhill. So, we are hoping for the best...that when I come back in September I shall be cuddling my sweet purrboy again.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home