Murphy's Law
Today was Brad's last day at work before leaving for an extended business trip to the States. I say "extended" cuz he really doesn't know how long he will be gone, that will be decided after he is in the States. He has been busy the last coupla weeks getting ready for this trip. Today he said he felt he was finally getting caught up. At lunchtime he and a co-worker took what was to be a quick run to Ripon to pick up some plaques that the office had ordered. That one-hour errand turned into a four-hour hassle. The Volvo died. He had to get towed by the RAC to the Volvo dealer. He called me in the afternoon and asked me to meet him at the Volvo dealer so that he could use the Ford to drop me off at home and then return to the office. While sitting in the dealership waiting room I had a chance to look over the plaques and found three typos. Oooops. I am hoping the Volvo service dept. can fix the car quickly so we can pick it up Friday or Saturday. If not, that means I'll need to pick it up sometime next week. I've never driven the Volvo over here. Sounds like that shouldn't be a problem but the Volvo is left-hand drive and can be awkward driving here in the UK.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home