Saturday, March 04, 2006

Media Circus in Harrogate

Bettys on a Snowy Day
BETTYS CAFE ON A SNOWY DAY IN HARROGATE

Phil Willis and Sir Menzies Campbell
PHIL WILLIS AND SIR MENZIES CAMPBELL IN HARROGATE

It snowed yesterday and I slept in a bit too late this morning to get very many photos of the snow. The sun was shining brightly and the snow was melting quickly. I took the photo of Bettys shortly before running into a minor media mob in the center of Harrogate. Phil Willis, the Liberal Democrat MP for Harrogate was accompanying Sir Menzies (pronounced "Mingus") Campbell on his first walkabout as leader of the Liberal Democrat Party. The Liberal Democrats opened their spring conference in Harrogate this weekend. Every time the two politicians moved, the mob that completely surrounded them moved. It was like watching a multi-legged creature with strange antennae make its way down Cambridge Street. I managed to grab a few shots and avoided being trampled by the media beast...but just barely.

1 Comments:

Blogger lenora said...

oh, I'll take any excuse to nip into Bettys!

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home