Lazy Sunday
We took it easy today and did not rush off to do any sightseeing. I told Heather and Graham I was just as happy to hang out with them at home as to go off sightseeing. In the morning I went with them to a nearby garden centre where they shopped for lawn mowers. Later at home I sat down at the computer with Heather and introduced her to some basics on the eBay website. Though I have used eBay to make a purchase I don't spend a lot of time on that website. Brad is a real pro at it and I guess I've picked up a bit of info that way. Anyhow, Heather thinks she'd like to start a home business trading on eBay and I managed to give her a few pointers. In the afternoon we took a walk on the footpaths behind their house. On the way back we got a good view of the village of Compton and it is bigger than I had realized. Heather and Graham's house is way on one edge of the village. Got to spend a bit of time with Rosie today. On Friday and Saturday she was gone till late at school and then at a friend's house. She is studying for her A Levels (Art, Art History and Music) and has been accepted to the University of Warwick. Dinner was some tasty asian-styled fare: a variety of fish cooked in a soy and ginger sauce served alongside stir-fried veggies and noodles. In the evening we relaxed in front of the telly and watched Waking The Dead. I've never seen it before but H & G enjoy it. It is a crime drama concerning cold cases and can be, I was warned, gruesome at times. The only one who stayed up to watch the end of the show was me. We all need to get up early tomorrow. Graham will drop Rosie off at school on his way to work and Heather will drop me off at the train station on her way to work. It's been a lovely visit with dear friends. I hope we can continue to stay in touch after Brad and I move back to the States.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home