I Just got off the phone with Yorkshire Kennel. Ginger seems to be settling in just fine and is adjusting well to his new surroundings. It turns out that Ginger did not get to spend the night at Heathrow airport after all. He was picked up in London the day he arrived and driven back to the kennel in Yorkshire that evening. It is a relief to know that he is safe and sound.
Now Brad and I have just a couple of days left in Tokyo. Our packout went quite smoothly. We had a very competent, courteous and amiable Japanese crew pack us out. I watched in admiration as they wrapped our furniture so neatly in corrugated paper as if they were giant presents to placed under a tree. It took two days for the packout. The final inspection of our apt. took place on Friday and all went well. The owner of our building and a few inspectors walked through the apt. and other than a few chips of wood on door frames they found nothing to complain about.
We got some last minute shopping in today on the Ginza. I finally found a frame for the dragon print I picked up in Kyoto about 2 years ago! Brad took my picture on the very same corner where my father had taken a picture of my mother over 50 years ago. It took me quite a while to locate the exact street corner, but I am confident I found the right corner. We also took in a few art exhibits today: Treasures of the Romanovs and Russia at the Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Art in Ueno Park and a fabulous exhibit of paintings by early 20th century Belgian artist Leon Spillaert at the Bridgestone Museum.
We've had some fabulous meals in the last couple of days. There are two brand new complexes that have recently opened: Shiodome and Roppongi Hills. Both of them have lots of new shops and restaurants and we've enjoyed trying out some of the new restaurants.
Now Brad and I have just a couple of days left in Tokyo. Our packout went quite smoothly. We had a very competent, courteous and amiable Japanese crew pack us out. I watched in admiration as they wrapped our furniture so neatly in corrugated paper as if they were giant presents to placed under a tree. It took two days for the packout. The final inspection of our apt. took place on Friday and all went well. The owner of our building and a few inspectors walked through the apt. and other than a few chips of wood on door frames they found nothing to complain about.
We got some last minute shopping in today on the Ginza. I finally found a frame for the dragon print I picked up in Kyoto about 2 years ago! Brad took my picture on the very same corner where my father had taken a picture of my mother over 50 years ago. It took me quite a while to locate the exact street corner, but I am confident I found the right corner. We also took in a few art exhibits today: Treasures of the Romanovs and Russia at the Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Art in Ueno Park and a fabulous exhibit of paintings by early 20th century Belgian artist Leon Spillaert at the Bridgestone Museum.
We've had some fabulous meals in the last couple of days. There are two brand new complexes that have recently opened: Shiodome and Roppongi Hills. Both of them have lots of new shops and restaurants and we've enjoyed trying out some of the new restaurants.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home