We went to our first car boot sale yesterday. It was held at the Ripley Cricket Club field. We arrived at the field around 10 a.m. and paid a nominal admission fee of 30 pence apiece. I guess the proceeds go to benefit the cricket club. There must have been a hundred or more cars arranged in a ring on the perimeter of the field. Inside that ring of cars were two other rings of cars, each ring succesively smaller in diameter. All the cars had their boots (or trunks) open from which they had unloaded items they had for sale onto tables or blankets. We took an hour or more browsing round the field. There were scant few items that would have qualifed as collectables. Most sellers looked as if they were clearing out their basement or garage of items they'd accumulated over the years. We saw plenty of dishwares and household appliances, record albums and 45s, tools, clothing, books. The typical flea market fare. I must admit I was a bit underwhelmed by the selection. I didn't see much I even felt inclined to make an offer on. Ah well, we will continue our search for antique markets and fairs. I'm sure there are some more intriguing venues out there for us to explore.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home