London: Day Two
We arrived yesterday in London to beautiful sunny warm weather. We heard that it was the warmest November day in about 50 years in London yesterday. Our hotel, which we found on lastminute.com (useful website) is very near the Victoria and Albert museum, where we intend to go today. The museum opens at 10 and since we have a bit of time to spare, I popped into this little Internet Cafe between the hotel and the museum.
Yesterday we toured Kensington Palace and were lucky enough to catch a special exhibition of QEII's hats and handbags. What a fabulous array of styles...some of which were not to our taste, but fun to look at nonetheless. Later we strolled through Kensington Gardens, then paid visits at Harvey Nichols and Harrod's department stores. I had forgotten how marvelous Harrods is, although they seem to have remodeled their food hall. We found many little eateries in the food hall, like a sushi bar and a tapas bar. Don't remember seeing them there before. Well, these eateries are nice, but I actually prefer the floor space to be crammed with wondrous and exotic food stuffs as I remember from previous visits. Last night we had dinner in China Town...we've been craving good chinese food, as we have yet to find a decent chinese restaurant in Yorkshire.
Well, I'm off to the V&A...
We arrived yesterday in London to beautiful sunny warm weather. We heard that it was the warmest November day in about 50 years in London yesterday. Our hotel, which we found on lastminute.com (useful website) is very near the Victoria and Albert museum, where we intend to go today. The museum opens at 10 and since we have a bit of time to spare, I popped into this little Internet Cafe between the hotel and the museum.
Yesterday we toured Kensington Palace and were lucky enough to catch a special exhibition of QEII's hats and handbags. What a fabulous array of styles...some of which were not to our taste, but fun to look at nonetheless. Later we strolled through Kensington Gardens, then paid visits at Harvey Nichols and Harrod's department stores. I had forgotten how marvelous Harrods is, although they seem to have remodeled their food hall. We found many little eateries in the food hall, like a sushi bar and a tapas bar. Don't remember seeing them there before. Well, these eateries are nice, but I actually prefer the floor space to be crammed with wondrous and exotic food stuffs as I remember from previous visits. Last night we had dinner in China Town...we've been craving good chinese food, as we have yet to find a decent chinese restaurant in Yorkshire.
Well, I'm off to the V&A...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home