Saturday, October 18, 2003

I somehow lost my original post about Shawn and Liz's wedding, so I'm reposting it now. Not the original text, which I'm sure was much more eloquent than what follows.

We all had a fabulous time. The ceremony was a very traditional Catholic service. The reception was a lot of fun. There was tons of delicious food, the music was fab . . . a good time was had by all. All the Genovese sibs were out on the dance floor at one time or another. Even my cousin Sammy, who is a priest was boogieing (sp?) down.

We got lost going to the church. But that was nothing compared to how we lost our way going to the reception. We called the reception hall about 3 times while on the road and just couldn't find the place. It was sooo frustrating.

After the reception, we all headed back to the hotel. We being Vince, JoAnn, Domenica, Brenda and I. It was late and we were all pretty tired. Vince had to leave early the next morning and he suggested we all meet in his room to say goodbye. I didn't think much about this odd suggestion. I stopped off in my room first and then headed over to Vince's. When I opened the door, I saw that the light was out. I said, "It's dark in here." They all yelled "Surprise!!" My birthday was only minutes away. Vince had lured me over to his room so he could give me my present; two jazz CDs. And we did say goodbye, too. It was really great seeing him again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home