Sunday, February 15, 2004

Well, the chocolate-cherry cake was a bit of a dud. I think I baked it too long. It came out hard and dry, not too chocolatey nor sweet. The taste and consistency reminded me of a power bar. Brad keeps saying he likes the cake, but I know he's just being nice about it. He presented me with a wonderful surprise on the morning of Valentine's Day. I went into the kitchen/dining room to discover a beautiful bouquet of flowers on the dining room table. Next to the vase was a box of caramel chocolate hearts from Bettys. Attached to the box of chocolates was an art deco pin that I have been admiring in the display case of a local antique store. It is a stick pin with a ceramic devil's head attached to the end. The devil is wearing a delightfully mischievious smile on his face.

For dinner that evening we went to the Cinnamon Room, a wonderful Indian restaurant in downtown Harrogate. Everything we had, from poppadoms to pilau rice, was absolutely delicious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home