Back Home
I arrived back in Harrogate yesterday. The flight back was uneventful. Had a slight delay in Baltimore which gave me just barely enough time to make my connection in Boston. Watched the movie "Shattered Glass" while dinner was being served. The movie was pretty good. The food was pretty awful. Then I was actually able to catch a bit of sleep before they served breakfast. Arrived at Manchester airport at 7 a.m. By the time we got to Harrogate I was really tired and took a nap. I was awakened by the doorbell. The courier had arrived with my new (used) Mac G5! Brad has set it up for me but I haven't loaded any software yet. Just getting acquainted with OSX (Panther) and the built-in software for now.
My last few days in the U.S. were a whirlwind of activity. In three days I fit in a visit to D.C. with JoAnn and Domenica, a date with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, visits with friends, lunches and dinners out, a bit of shopping, close encounters with some 17-year cicadas, a few doctor appointments and a visit to our property on Hawthorne Road to investigate the water damage our poor house has suffered. Whew! No wonder I was so tired when I got back.
I arrived back in Harrogate yesterday. The flight back was uneventful. Had a slight delay in Baltimore which gave me just barely enough time to make my connection in Boston. Watched the movie "Shattered Glass" while dinner was being served. The movie was pretty good. The food was pretty awful. Then I was actually able to catch a bit of sleep before they served breakfast. Arrived at Manchester airport at 7 a.m. By the time we got to Harrogate I was really tired and took a nap. I was awakened by the doorbell. The courier had arrived with my new (used) Mac G5! Brad has set it up for me but I haven't loaded any software yet. Just getting acquainted with OSX (Panther) and the built-in software for now.
My last few days in the U.S. were a whirlwind of activity. In three days I fit in a visit to D.C. with JoAnn and Domenica, a date with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, visits with friends, lunches and dinners out, a bit of shopping, close encounters with some 17-year cicadas, a few doctor appointments and a visit to our property on Hawthorne Road to investigate the water damage our poor house has suffered. Whew! No wonder I was so tired when I got back.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home