arouse tarting when a arm ounds
That's how the sign at Manchester Airport read. I stood there bleary eyed trying to make sense of it while Brad waited to collect our luggage from the conveyor belt. It was about 6:30 a.m. UK time and I'd only managed to catch a few minutes of sleep on the plane. I pondered the odd phrasing. It read like one of those posters highlighting the lead story of one of the tabloid newspapers. Was "tarting" one of those odd Britishisms? As we exited the baggage claim area the mystery cleared itself up. I spyed another sign with the missing letters in place. It read "Carousel starting when alarm sounds". Well, it was English, though not necessarily proper English.
Our journey home went rather smoothly. No flight delays and very little turbulence. The drive from Manchester to Harrogate took about two hours as we hit some heavy traffic outside of Bradford. By that time the sun had begun to climb above the horizon. Every now and then we'd get spit on by some rain. Once, while at a standstill in traffic, I looked off to my left and saw a beautiful rainbow.
Before going to our house we stopped off at the Cosy Cattery to collect our purr boy. Ginger did well during his stay at the kitty ritz but he has been all over us since we got back. He is purring loudly and rubbing up against our legs and jumping on our laps to give us powerful head bonks. I guess he missed us. And we sure missed him. We had a great time visiting with family and friends but gee it's great to be back home.
Our journey home went rather smoothly. No flight delays and very little turbulence. The drive from Manchester to Harrogate took about two hours as we hit some heavy traffic outside of Bradford. By that time the sun had begun to climb above the horizon. Every now and then we'd get spit on by some rain. Once, while at a standstill in traffic, I looked off to my left and saw a beautiful rainbow.
Before going to our house we stopped off at the Cosy Cattery to collect our purr boy. Ginger did well during his stay at the kitty ritz but he has been all over us since we got back. He is purring loudly and rubbing up against our legs and jumping on our laps to give us powerful head bonks. I guess he missed us. And we sure missed him. We had a great time visiting with family and friends but gee it's great to be back home.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home