Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Ginger Blur

Ginger Blur

I've been studying the manuals for my new camera, but judging by the results above, I still have a lot to learn. Actually, I find it very difficult to get a decent shot of Ginger in our house. It's so dark and dim most of the time; there is never enough good available light. I hate taking his picture with the flash cuz then I get the green-eye effect on him (the equivalent of the red-eye effect in humans). The shot above was taken with my camera's "improved" red-eye effect flash which caused Ginger to squint giving him an exotic look.

Even though it's blurry, it's nice to have this shot of Ginger to look at. He is spending the night at Padside Cattery, because we leave at the crack of dawn tomorrow for our flight to Budapest. The flight leaves Manchester Airport at 8:25 a.m., which means we need to leave the house at 5 a.m. Egad! I hope we wake up in time. But it will be great to explore Budapest. I've been reading up on it all week and am impressed on what there is to see and do (and eat, of course!). We will be staying at The Victoria Hotel. It's on the Buda side of the Danube and all rooms have a view of the Pest side, right across from the Parliament building. The hotel has a website with a webcam. I've been checking it all week, looking for signs of snow. Yesterday I checked and saw a white haze. I got excited till I found out it was dense fog and not snow. I've also been watching the boat traffic down the Danube. Can't wait to see it in person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home