Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Ginger Comes Home

ginger in the kitchen

I just picked Ginger up from the vet. While at the vet he was a model patient. He was alert, bright-eyed and responded to strokes with purrs. The only thing wrong was the diarrhea. Let's hope it goes away SOON. He appears to be happy to be home. He spent the first fifteen minutes chattering at me, purring audibly and rubbing against my legs. He still has his diarrhea, but we now have a strategy to pursue. On the assumption that his problem is food related, the vet has recommended an all-fish diet. I'm to prepare about 100 grams of plain white fish twice a day for him. He will stay on this diet for awhile to see if his digestive problems abate. Ginger will love his new diet. He has a passionate appetite for fresh fish. I'm also to give Ginger panacur once a day for the next three days. It's a worming treatment but somehow is supposed to be good for his condition. I'm to take him back for a checkup on Friday...with a stool specimen. Ewwww!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home