Sunday, January 08, 2006

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

We lived the lyrics this morning. The dawn was breakin'. It was early morn. The taxi was waitin'. Oh but he wouldn't dare blow his horn. Brad's leavin' on a jet plane. And I don't know when he'll be back again... Of course some of the lyrics don't apply. Especially the part about letting me down and playing around. Oh, and when Brad left, dawn was still a couple of hours away.

The alarm went off at 2:50 a.m. By 3 a.m. Brad was up and in the shower. He was down in the kitchen by 3:30 having a power shake for breakfast. Ginger was prowling about wondering what we were doing in what is usually his domain at that time of day. Brad left at 4 a.m. to catch his 6 a.m. flight out of Leeds Bradford airport. It's the very same flight that he and I took last month when we went to Stockholm but this time when he changes planes in Amsterdam he will be heading for the States.

After Brad left I was wide awake. I sat down to watch the telly and soon my eyelids got heavy. I went back to bed for a coupla hours. I only hope Brad is able to fall asleep as easily on his journey home.

After breakfasting I decided to take the Volvo out for a spin. My plan is to take the Volvo out every Sunday morning as there is very light traffic at that time. I wasn't going to take the car out till next Sunday but I was worried about leaving it sit for a week after Brad had that recent problem with the battery. All went well. I devised a route that avoided major roundabouts. Hard to do from our location in the town center as we are only a stone's throw from all the major roundabouts in Harrogate. I do have a bit of a problem with visibility when I am yielding to traffic since I'm seated all the way on the left side of the car on the left side of the road. I'll continue using this local route until I feel more comfortable about taking on the major roundabouts and open highway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home