Thursday, May 11, 2006

Crossing My Fingers

I received a phone call this afternoon from one of the employment agencies in Leeds. Seems they'd been trying to reach me all day but I'd been out hiking in a glorious bluebell wood on a rare sunny day. A small design firm in Harrogate (next-door to Bettys) has just won an account with Tesco and needs an artworker for two months. They need someone proficient in Quark and good with typography and languages. That's me all right. But the timing couldn't be more inconvenient. They want someone to start on May 22 and work until the end of July. I will be in Texas on May 22 (be back on the 23rd). and am leaving the UK in July. I said I'd be able to start on May 24 and can only work until the end of June. Emma at the employment agency is going to talk to the client to see what we can work out. They may decide to hire two people for one month. I dunno. We'll see how it goes. I'm supposed to hear back on Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home