Malham, Once More With Feeling

THE TRAIL ABOVE WATLOWES VALLEY IN MALHAMDALE
To my delight, I hiked to Malham Cove with my hiking group today. Malhamdale is one of my very favorite spots in Yorkshire...possibly in the world. We were supposed to bring a packed lunch so we could dine al fresco at Gordale Scar. I'd made a nice sandwich the night before and gathered some fruit and biscuits but walked out the door without my lunch. No matter, my fellow hikers offered me portions from their own lunches and I do believe I had a better lunch than the one I had packed for myself. Desert was really interesting: black bean brownies. They are made by adding a pureed can of black beans to brownie mix. They were dense and dry but all in all, not too bad. The scenery is stunning in any weather but today we were treated to bright blue skies and puffy white clouds. I hiked in shorts and tank top and ended up with a severe sunburn on my upper back just above my tank top. It was the one spot I had forgotten to cover with sun screen. It is terribly blistered and painful right now. I look forward to when I can peel it away.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home