Saturday, July 29, 2006

Wheels

I bought a car today. Selected a used Camry from Carmax. It's a 2006 with only 9000 miles on it. Rides like a dream. It's silver with charcoal interior. Thank got the car shopping isi over with. It has been a real struggle test driving cars in this relentless heat and humidity.

We've been stopping by the house everyday and doing a bit of work each day. We are pleased that the house is in really good shape after being rented out for at least 6 years. But we do have our work cut out for us. Lots of yard work as the lawn, garden and shrubbery were really neglected. The entire house interior needs to be painted and the floors refinished.

Everything seems to be taking longer to do than we anitcipate. We are making multiple stops and hardware stores and grocery stores. The car shopping took big chunks out of our days.

JL had very kindly loaned us this Camry but now that I've got my own wheels I'll need to get his back to him.

I'm petsitting JoAnn's cats for her until Monday AM, so we are at her place twice a day. Today there was no water at her house. We learned later that there was a water main break caused by the intense heat. Water supply is a saide to have been restored.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home