Thursday, October 19, 2006

Return to the Blogosphere

The Likely Lads

I haven't posted in a while. I've been struggling to adapt to life in the U.S. It's not easy after being an ex-pat for six years. We've also been really really busy getting settled in. Today I finally downloaded all the photos I've taken since last July when we were still living in England. It was fun looking through them...I got to relive our trips to London and Scotland. I had almost forgotten about this funky cinema sign in London near Leicester Square.

Today was my birthday. I woke up to flowers as usual. What a nice tradition. Brad also gave me a beautiful pair of blue sapphire earrings. Also part of our tradition, I got to choose where I wanted to go out to dinner tonight. I chose Sotto Sopra. It was wonderful. I had a salad and ricotta gnocchi with a fresh tomato sauce. The gnocchi were surprisingly light and fluffy. Brad had fried calamari and pappardelle with wild mushrooms. Very tasty. For dessert I had tiramisu while Brad opted for pistachio vanilla creme brulee. Both desserts were out of this world. The only disappointment was the stale decaf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home