Sunday, May 18, 2003

Im sitting in a free Internet cafe in Tokyo typing this on a windows laptop with a Japanese keyboard. I cant find the apostrophe anywhere and I feel so uncoordinated without a mouse. That is a good reflection of my state of mind these days. I feel disoriented, disconnected. It may be a month or two before we are no longer living out of our suitcases. Hopefully Ive packed the right clothes for the English weather which, as I understand it, can range anywhere from brilliant sunny days to cold dank miserable rainy days. Today Brad and I attempted to go to one last shrine sale before we leave Tokyo, but it appears they no longer hold them at Meguro Fudo-son. So we have just been tooling around town, popping in here and there, taking in all the curious little eccentrities you run across as you wander through the town. We did some more shopping and picked up a beautiful basket at Mitsukoshi Nihombashi. We will most likely mail some things to our new address so we dont have to haul all this stuff around with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home