We're in Ohio now at Brad's parents. It's the first time I've seen their new condo. Though I sure miss the old homestead on Tippecanoe (as I'm sure all the Siersdorfers do), the condo is cute, cozy and quite convenient. They have a nice view from the patio and are within walking distance of the grocery store, bank and library.
On Saturday, before heading out to Ohio, we celebrated Brenda's birthday with a crab feast on JL's patio. The crabs were so tasty and JoAnn made a delicious cheese cake (Vickie's recipe) for dessert. Before the party was over a terrific thunderstorm rolled through and I got some good pics of the clouds that preceeded the storm and the gorgeous rainbow that sprung up after the storm had passed.
On Sunday we hit the road and had a pleasant drive through Ohio to Columbus. We had dinner at Jayne's and all the Columbus crew were in attendance. Dinner was delish and it was fun catching up with all the news from the Columbus crew. The next day we drove to see Brad's alma mater (Ohio University) in Athens. What a nice campus -- all green and leafy. The town of Athens is very pleasant with lots of funky shops and restaurants lining the streets.
We'll hang out in Canfield for a little while before heading back to Maryland. As our days in the States dwindle down, I begin to get more and more anxious about our arrival in England. Will we like it? I sure hope so. We are still getting a good dose of English weather even in Ohio. Today it has been misty and damp and cool all day.
On Saturday, before heading out to Ohio, we celebrated Brenda's birthday with a crab feast on JL's patio. The crabs were so tasty and JoAnn made a delicious cheese cake (Vickie's recipe) for dessert. Before the party was over a terrific thunderstorm rolled through and I got some good pics of the clouds that preceeded the storm and the gorgeous rainbow that sprung up after the storm had passed.
On Sunday we hit the road and had a pleasant drive through Ohio to Columbus. We had dinner at Jayne's and all the Columbus crew were in attendance. Dinner was delish and it was fun catching up with all the news from the Columbus crew. The next day we drove to see Brad's alma mater (Ohio University) in Athens. What a nice campus -- all green and leafy. The town of Athens is very pleasant with lots of funky shops and restaurants lining the streets.
We'll hang out in Canfield for a little while before heading back to Maryland. As our days in the States dwindle down, I begin to get more and more anxious about our arrival in England. Will we like it? I sure hope so. We are still getting a good dose of English weather even in Ohio. Today it has been misty and damp and cool all day.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home