Sunday, January 23, 2005

An Impromptu Celebration

Miho Turns 21

Yesterday was Miho's 21st birthday and we felt honored to help her celebrate the happy occasion. We took her to a Thai restaurant nearby. Not only is their food really good, they have traditional Thai dance performances on Friday and Saturday nights. The owner of the restaurant is the one who performs the dances. She is an amazing woman who seems to have a non-stop reserve of energy. She performed five different dances during the two hours we were there and for each dance she changed into a different elaborate Thai folk costume. In between dances she would greet customers and wait on tables. She also has another business performing Thai massage. Whew, I get tired just thinking about her schedule.

After dinner we went back to our house and had dessert. I had baked some black-bottom cupcakes for Miho. I figured it would be easy for her to carry the left-over cupcakes back to her dorm room. We also broke open a bottle of champagne and drank a toast in her honor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home